Used Vehicle Guide
At GowringsVersa Mobility, we offer an extensive selection of Used and Nearly New Motability Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles (WAVs). Our line-up features renowned brands such as Vauxhall, Volkswagen, Renault, and Citroen, all quality-approved.
With every used WAV purchase, we will include a 2-year RAC warranty and 12 months of complimentary RAC roadside assistance*, all for your peace of mind!
Why Choose GowringsVersa Mobility?
At GowringsVersa Mobility, we are committed to providing high-quality used WAVs that are reliable, safe, and comfortable. Our vehicles are thoroughly inspected and serviced to ensure they meet our strict quality standards. With our extensive range of used WAVs, we are confident that you will find a vehicle that fits your specific needs and budget.
What to Consider When Buying a Used WAV?
Your Specific Needs
Demonstration & Test Drive
Budget & Finance
Our Used WAV Selection Process
Our journey begins with sourcing the best used WAVs from trusted suppliers. We only select vehicles that have a known history, ensuring they have been well-maintained and cared for by their previous owners.
2. Comprehensive Pre-Sale Inspection
Once a vehicle arrives at our facility, it undergoes a comprehensive pre-sale inspection carried out by our team of skilled technicians. This inspection covers everything from the engine and transmission to the wheelchair accessibility features. We check the vehicle’s mechanical components, electrical systems, bodywork, and interior to ensure everything is in good working order.
3. Necessary Repairs and Refurbishment
If our technicians identify any issues during the inspection, these are addressed immediately. This could involve anything from minor adjustments to major repairs. We use only high-quality parts for any replacements needed, and all work is carried out to the highest standards. In addition, our team also refurbishes the vehicle’s interior and exterior, ensuring it looks as good as it performs.
4. Quality Assurance
After the repairs and refurbishment, the vehicle is subjected to a final quality assurance check. This involves another round of thorough inspections to ensure all repairs have been carried out correctly and that the vehicle meets our high standards.
5. Ready for Sale
Only after a vehicle has passed all these stages is it deemed ready for sale.
Your Specific Needs
Every wheelchair user has unique needs, and it’s essential to consider these when choosing a WAV. Here are some questions to ask:
- Size of the vehicle: How many passengers will typically travel in the vehicle? Do you need extra space for luggage or medical equipment?
- Type of wheelchair: Is the wheelchair manual or powered? What are its dimensions and weight? This will affect the size and type of access required.
- Access: Do you prefer a side or rear entry? Does the wheelchair user need to be the driver, or will they always be a passenger?
Knowing the vehicle’s history can provide valuable insight into its condition and reliability. Here’s what to look for:
- Service history: Regular servicing indicates that the vehicle has been well-maintained.
- MOT history: This can reveal any recurring issues or potential problems.
- Number of previous owners: A vehicle with fewer owners is often in better condition.
Vehicle Demonstration & Test Drive
Experiencing the vehicle firsthand is a crucial part of the buying process. At GowringsVersa Mobility, we offer comprehensive vehicle demonstrations and test drives to ensure you find the right Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle (WAV) that suits your needs. Here’s what to expect:
Before the test drive, our knowledgeable staff will provide a thorough demonstration of the vehicle and its features. This includes:
- Wheelchair Access Features: We’ll show you how to operate the ramp or lift, secure the wheelchair, and use any other accessibility features the vehicle may have.
- Vehicle Features: We’ll walk you through the vehicle’s features, such as the air conditioning, audio system, and any additional modifications made for accessibility.
- Safety Features: We’ll explain the vehicle’s safety features, including seat belts, airbags, and any specific features for securing the wheelchair.
This demonstration is an excellent opportunity to ask questions and ensure you’re comfortable with the vehicle’s features.
After the demonstration, it’s time for the test drive. This allows you to assess the vehicle’s performance and see if it suits your driving style and comfort needs. Here’s what to focus on:
- Comfort: Is the ride smooth? Are the seats comfortable? Is there enough space for the wheelchair user and other passengers?
- Ease of Use: How easy is it to operate the wheelchair access features during a real-world scenario? Can the wheelchair user enter and exit the vehicle without difficulty?
- Drivability: How does the vehicle handle on the road? Are there any unusual noises or vibrations? How does it perform at different speeds and on different road conditions?
Remember, the goal of the test drive is not just to see how the vehicle drives, but also to ensure the wheelchair user and other passengers are comfortable and can enter and exit the vehicle easily.
When you purchase an approved used WAV from GowringsVersa Mobility, for personal use or for use as part of a charitable or not-for-profit organisation (excludes rent or reward customers*), you’ll receive a minimum 2 year RAC and GowringsVersa Mobility warranty, with 12 months of assisted roadside cover for complete Vehicle protection**.
*Business use customers will be provided with a 6-month warranty, supported by GowringsVersa, on the complete vehicle (terms and conditions apply).